Wednesday, February 27, 2008

The butcher, the baker, the candlestick maker (grocery store)

So, big news in my life as an Irish (American) independent student. As I bet everyone expects, I go to all of the bakeries constantly in Galway, because, well, it's a bakery. After working in one for five years and still getting discounts, I don't know what else people would expect, I'd probably have baked-good-withdrawal if I wasn't going to the ones here. (The Oven Door for scones, Griffiths for chocolate, O'Hehirs for bread...wow I could go on). Also -this is a surprise- I have gone to the grocery store (candlestick maker). Yes, I have been eating in Ireland and Have Gone To The Food Store.
But.
Yesterday I went to the Irish Butcher for the first time in my life. And bought three marinated chicken breasts for 7.99 euro. And have successfully cooked them! I have crossed a rubicon.

That's all.

Oh, also I am addicted to coffee as well as chocolate. Oh vice!

No comments: